Tuesday, 15 October 2013 01:28
Stevan Ridley Provides Balance To The New England Patriots AttackWritten by CLNS Radio
fantasy football more than enough optimism for the rest of the year.While quarterback Tom Brady is getting most of the praise following a 30-27 win over the New Orleans Saints, Stevan Ridley once again showed what a difference a dependable running game can make. Patriots fans and fantasy football owners have to love his 96 yards rushing and a pair of touchdowns, but can he keep it up all season long while staying injury-free?One week ago, the Patriots looked lost in their loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Ridley was forced to miss the game due to a knee injury, but he was cleared to play for the big showdown against the Saints. Along with his work on the ground, he was able to also grab a pass from Brady for a big first down as well.While Brady will always be expected to do the heavy lifting on offense, Ridley should be the featured back for the rest of the season. His big gains are nice, but he is also a very efficient runner in short-yardage situations. At 5’11” and 220 pounds, he is able to pound the ball up the middle and get those yards that no one else seems to be able to do on the roster.The fact that he was able to carry the ball 20 times (season high) shows that the knee injury appears to be in the past. New England has too many injuries at other positions that are currently holding them back a bit. As long as Ridley is able to do his thing to help Brady out, they will continue to make a push for yet another AFC East title.Brady is a Hall of Famer who has made late-game comebacks in the past. In fact, it is almost to the point that it is expected. With Ridley, his performance on Sunday should give New England and
Published in NFL - New England Patriots
Latest from CLNS Radio
- CSN to Televise Every First Round Celtics Playoff Game
- Why Boston is the Best Sports City in the U.S.
- CSN NEW ENGLAND ANNOUNCES NEW PROGRAMMING STRATEGY TO SUPER-SERVE NEW ENGLAND SPORTS FANS, BEGINNING APRIL 3RD
- LIVE PODCAST: CLNS Radio 2017 NBA Trade Deadline Coverage
- NBC SPORTS REGIONAL NETWORKS & CSN NEW ENGLAND PRESENT “TOMBOY” – A MULTI-PLATFORM INITIATIVE ON GENDER IN SPORTS
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Content
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks
- Boston Celtics get Back into NBA Playoff Series with Win over Rajon Rondo-less Chicago Bulls Read more...
- Brad Stevens Indicates Lineup Change for Boston Celtics a Possibility in Game 3 Against Chicago Bulls Read more...
- Boston Bruins on Brink of Elimination as Senators Win Game Four 1-0 Read more...
- Should Jerebko Get More Minutes? Read more...
- Chris Sale Dominant Again as Red Sox Beat Blue Jays 4-1 in Extra Innings Read more...
- Big NBA Draft Decisions in FocusWritten by Matt IgnalRead more...
- Avery Bradley Needs to Step up in The PlayoffsWritten by Samuel LiasRead more...
- Boston Celtics And Isaiah Thomas Continue to Be DisrespectedWritten by Samuel LiasRead more...
- Running Back Position Gains New Depth with the PatriotsWritten by CLNS RadioRead more...