In the wake of Wes Welker heading to the Mile High City, ESPN's Mike Reiss is reporting that the New England Patriots are now in talks to give wide receiver Brandon Lloyd a new deal.Lloyd is due a $3 million bonus by the weekend and it is widely speculated that the Patriots will not pick it up. Instead, the team and Lloyd are trying to reach a new deal to return to Foxboro.Lloyd was one of the starting receivers last season for the Pats catching 74 passes for 911 yards and four touchdowns. Retaining Lloyd would big a huge sigh of relief for the New England Patriots which suddenly find themselves scrambling for receivers. The Patriots are also planning to meet up with Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders. If the Pats do sign Sanders, they would need to send a third round pick in this year's draft to the Pittsburgh Steelers.Lloyd was expected to earn a base salary of $1.9 million for the upcoming 2013 season, and it would have been a salary cap charge of $4.9 million. The Patriots wanted to restructure the deal because it is too rich for their blood, but they are willing to retain him at the right price.
Published in NFL - New England Patriots
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Content
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks
- Boston Red Sox: Dustin Pedroia Grand Slam Pushes Sox To 10th Straight Win Read more...
- Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays Pregame Notes: 9/25/2016 Read more...
- Remembering Jose Fernandez's Impact Read more...
- Bruins Lock Up Brad Marchand With Eight-Year Deal Read more...
- Red Sox Set Strikeout Records, Edge Rays in 10th After Wild Pedroia Play at Home Plate Read more...