Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:01
Source: Dodgers sign LHP Aaron LaffeyWritten by Chris Cotillo
A source has told CLNSRadio.com that the Los Angeles Dodgers have signed LHP Aaron Laffey to a minor league deal. Laffey, 28, will report to AAA Albuquerque and will join the rotation there.After signing a minor league deal with the Mets in December, Laffey appeared in four games (two starts) for the team to begin the season, posting a 7.20 ERA in ten innings of work. He was designated for assignment by the Mets on April 21st and was claimed off waivers by the Blue Jays two days later. In his one appearance with Toronto on Friday night, Laffey started against the Yankees and struggled, surrendering five walks and two earned runs in just 2.2 innings of work. The Jays designated Laffey for assignment the following day, and he elected free agency after clearing waivers.A veteran of seven major league seasons, Laffey has seen time with the Indians (2007-2011), Mariners (2011), Yankees (2011), Blue Jays (2012, 2013) and Mets (2013). In 153 career games (68 starts), he has posted a 25-29 record and 4.45 ERA. For the Dodgers, Laffey will provide a minor league depth arm for an injury-hammered pitching staff, and may get a chance at the major league level if he succeeds with Albuquerque. For the latest, be sure to follow Chris Cotillo on Twitter @TradeDeadliner.
Published in MLB - Boston Redsox
17-year old aspiring sportswriter from Massachusetts looking to make a name for myself in the industry. I've played and watched baseball for as long as I can remember, and even used to hand-write my own "trade reports" when I was six years old. For CLNS Radio, I'll be covering the Boston Red Sox as well as providing exclusive content that you will see first on CLNS.
Please follow me on Twitter @TradeDeadliner.
Latest from Chris Cotillo
- Series Preview: Boston Red Sox (33-22) vs. New York Yankees (30-23)
- Victorino, Middlebrooks to DL as Sox make slew of roster moves
- Red Sox sign LHP Rafael Perez to a minor league deal
- Series Preview: Cleveland Indians (26-19) vs. Boston Red Sox (28-19)
- Source: Twins sign OF Jordan Parraz to minor league deal
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Content
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks
Red Sox News
- Celtics Beat w/ Marc Roberts 10/18/14 Read more...
- Boston Celtics Acquire Bynum Read more...
- Should the Patriots Have Made a Play for Percy Harvin? Probably Read more...
- Bruins vs. Sabres: Post Game Show | Call into the Studio 347-215-7771 Read more...
- Boston Bruins: Svedberg Shines As Bruins win 4-0 in Buffalo Read more...