Friday, 13 December 2013 02:00
Report: Avery Bradley Seeking $8 Million Per SeasonWritten by Taylor Arder
Danny Ainge has made no secret of the fact that he sees guard Avery Bradley as a building block for the Celtics' future. Ainge therefore attempted to lock Bradley into Boston's future this offseason, offering him a four-year, $24 million deal. Bradley turned the deal down reportedly, according to Jared Zwerling of Bleacher Report, because he wants to ink a deal worth at least $8 million per year. Since Bradley and the Celtics personnel were unable to reach a deal, Bradley will become a restricted free agent next summer. A source reports that I could become "tricky" for the Celtics to retain Bradley once he hits free agency. Though he has produced for Boston offensively, Bradley is not nearly as revered for his offensive game as he is for his defense, as he is one of the best lockdown perimeter defenders in the league. Honestly, I think Ainge should have thrown in the extra $2 million per year. Difficult is an understatement when it comes to finding a defender better than Bradley, not to mention the attention he will garner from teams as a free agent this summer. Remember Bradley blocking Dwayne Wade's shot? Or his steal against the Hawks after tying his shoe? Or even this steal and dunk by Bradley in the Celtics' final game of last season? Ainge should have locked Bradley up when he had the chance. Zwerling also noted in his article that, according to a source, the Celtics are "going to make a lot of moves in the next year". Courtney Lee, Gerald Wallace, and Kris Humphries are on the trading block as December 15th approaches, which is the first day that players acquired in the summer can be traded.
Published in NBA - Boston Celtics
Latest from Taylor Arder
- Game Preview: Charlotte Bobcats at Boston Celtics
- Game #73 Recap: Boston Celtics Unable To Withstand Chicago Bulls, 107-102
- Game Preview: Chicago Bulls at Boston Celtics
- Game Preview: Boston Celtics at Brooklyn Nets
- Game #68 Recap: Boston Celtics' Comeback Falls Short Against Dallas Mavericks, 94-89
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Content
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks
- Rajon Rondo's Breakdown Should Put Boston Celtics at Ease Read more...
- Patriots Beat: Guests Mike Loyko and Matt Chatham Read more...
- Boston Celtics News & Notes From April 24: Could Kevin Love Be Coming To Boston?; Boston Important To LeBron's Legacy; Game 4 On Sunday Read more...
- New England Patriots: History of Bill Belichick's First Round NFL Draft Selections Read more...
- Boston Red Sox: 3 Home Runs Power Red Sox Past Baltimore Orioles, 7-5 Read more...
- Wyc Grousbeck and the Authentic Boston Celtics OrganizationWritten by Rich ConteRead more...
- Patriots Defense To Regress in 2015? Not So FastWritten by Billy WyattRead more...
- April Madness for the Boston CelticsWritten by Rich ConteRead more...
- Patriots 7 Round Mock Draft 3.0 - Trade Up EditionWritten by Sam PericoloRead more...