Boston Celtics (9-12, 4-7 road) at New York Knicks 5-13, 2-7 home)
Madison Square Garden at 12:00 pm on CSNNE
Officials: Ken Mauer, Sean Corbin, Derek Richardson
Line: New York -6 (192.5)
Get tickets to tonight's game at the Garden
Going into the season, the Knicks were expected to have a commanding lead in the Atlantic Division, while the Celtics were supposed to be bottom feeders. Fast forward to present day, and the Celtics have a surprising 1.5 game lead in the division, while the Knicks are in last place. While both teams have records below .500, they have both won their last two contests. This will be the first meeting between these two teams this season.
PG: Jordan Crawford
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Jeff Green
PF: Jared Sullinger
C: Brandon Bass
New York Knicks:
PG: Raymond Felton
SG: J.R. Smith
SF: Iman Shumpert
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: Andrea Bargnani
Kelly Olynyk, OUT (Ankle)
Rajon Rondo, OUT (Knee)
Tyson Chandler, OUT (Knee)
- Winning Streaks: Both teams are currently riding on a rare two game winning streak, so only one will be able to bring their's up to three.
- Jordan Crawford: Crawford is in the midst of his best four game stretch of the season, as he has averaged 19 points, 7 assists, and 5 rebounds during that stretch.
- Turnovers: No team averages fewer turnovers per game than the Knicks (12.7).
- Defense: In terms of points allowed, both the Celtics (96.9) and Knicks (97.3) have top nine defenses in the league.
- Boston Celtics Ratings: Off Rtg: 101.4 (24th), Def Rtg: 104.2 (11th), Pace: 93.0 (20th).
- New York Knicks Ratings: Off Rtg: 105.2 (14th), Def Rtg: 107.1 (25th), Pace: 90.3 (29th).
Despite the fact that the spread has New York winning this game, I think that the Celtics will come out victorious. Now that they have taken over first place in the Atlantic, they will do everything that they can to hold onto it.
Boston Celtics 93, New York Knicks 87