Saturday, 21 September 2013 15:21
Rajon Rondo to leave Nike for AntaWritten by Taylor Arder
According to Gary Washburn of The Boston Globe, Rajon Rondo is set to change his shoe brand, leaving Nike for Anta, a Chinese company.Though the deal cannot be completed until after Rondo's contract with Nike expires at the end of this month, Anta released this teaser:Per Slam Online, image #3 looks like a photo Rondo's Nike Hyperfuse 2011 shoot:While image #5 looks like this photo of Rondo:In my opinion, image #4 also looks like a silhouette of Rondo.Rondo isn't the only athlete that has elected for overseas deals. According to Matt Moore of CBS Sports, Miami Heat's Dwayne Wade has taken his shoe deal overseas as well as Rondo's former teammate, Kevin Garnett (pictured above), who left Adidas in 2010 to sign a deal with Anta.The possibility of Rondo signing with Anta could mean disappointment for fans in the U.S. looking to purchase Rondo's shoe, as Anta currently does not have a distribution deal with the United States. Anta shoes are avaliable exclusively in China, though fans in the U.S. may find the shoes online.
Published in NBA - Boston Celtics
Latest from Taylor Arder
- Game Preview: Charlotte Bobcats at Boston Celtics
- Game #73 Recap: Boston Celtics Unable To Withstand Chicago Bulls, 107-102
- Game Preview: Chicago Bulls at Boston Celtics
- Game Preview: Boston Celtics at Brooklyn Nets
- Game #68 Recap: Boston Celtics' Comeback Falls Short Against Dallas Mavericks, 94-89
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Content
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks
- Celtics Beat w/ Marc Roberts 10/18/14 Read more...
- Boston Celtics Acquire Bynum Read more...
- Should the Patriots Have Made a Play for Percy Harvin? Probably Read more...
- Bruins vs. Sabres: Post Game Show | Call into the Studio 347-215-7771 Read more...
- Boston Bruins: Svedberg Shines As Bruins win 4-0 in Buffalo Read more...