Friday, 29 March 2013 19:19
Heat's Pat Riley Tells Celtics' Danny Ainge to "Shut the F*** Up" Over LeBron James CriticismWritten by Jared Weiss.
Ainge criticized James, saying, "I think that it’s almost embarrassing that LeBron would complain about officiating."Ainge responded to Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe, saying, "We're both right. LeBron should stop complaining and I should manage my own team.....Pat Riley's right. I should manage my own team and I complained a lot (as a player). And I'm right. LeBron should be embarrassed by how he complains about the calls he gets."Celtics coach Doc Rivers didn't want to get in the middle of the argument, but rather step back and enjoy the battle. "Yeah I think it’s funny," Doc said. "I think it’s very interesting. I think it’s cool. I think they should duke it out. "When asked if Doc thought the issue could rear its head if the Celtics and Heat meet in the playoffs, Rivers said, "Not unless they’re playing. Really, I think it’s just talk both ways. You know, I’ll let those two grown men handle their grown men argument. I’m gonna stay out of it. But, on a side note, it just gives me a smile and I think it’s fun. It’s a flashback."The beef-through-the-media started in reaction to comments James made about the physical defense from the Bulls and the rest of the league on James.“I’m not sitting here crying about anything,” James said after the Heat's streak ended in Chicago. “I play the game at a high level, I play with a lot of aggression, I understand that some of the plays are on the borderline of a basketball play or not. But sometimes, you know, I don’t know … it’s frustrating.”“I believe, and I know, that a lot of my fouls are not basketball plays,” James said. “First of all, Kirk Hinrich in the first quarter basically grabbed me with two hands and brought me to the ground. And the last one, Taj Gibson was able to collar me around my shoulder and bring me to the ground.“Those are not basketball plays. And it’s been happening all year. I’ve been able to keep my cool and try to tell [coach Erik Spoelstra], `Let’s not worry about it too much,’ but it is getting to me a little bit.”BOSTON – Heat President Pat Riley had a sharp response for Celtics Director of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge Friday evening after Ainge mocked LeBron James' complaints about officiating.Riley told media in Miami, "[Ainge] needs to shut the fuck up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner going when he was playing. I know that because I coached against him."In an appearance on the Salk and Holley show on WEEI Thursday,
Published in NBA - Boston Celtics
Latest from Jared Weiss.
- Celtics Video: Doc on Kevin Garnett's Injury and Jordan Crawford's First Celtics Start
- Celtics - Heat Live Game Breakdown
- Celtics Video: Pierce, Green & Terry on Avenging the Bobcats & Bass on Guarding LeBron
- Celtics Avenge Bobcats Without KG - The Garden Report
- Celtics Video - Doc: KG Possibly Out vs. Heat
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Content
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks
- 5 Reasons Kevin Durant Needs to Leave the Oklahoma City ThunderWritten by David KennedyRead more...
- The Boston Celtics and Replicating the Summer of 2007Written by David KennedyRead more...
- Boston Celtics have two tangible needs, but what else is missing?Written by Mike WalshRead more...
- Will the Grass (Fed) be Greener for Isaiah Thomas & Boston Celtics?Written by Larry H. RussellRead more...