Saturday, 16 March 2013 19:31
Doc Rivers: Kevin Garnett Out Tonight With Left Adductor StrainWritten by Sean Bakke
Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers stated during his pregame media availability that Kevin Garnett will be given the night off tonight against the Charlotte Bobcats. Rivers on Garnett: Well Kevin's not playing tonight, not because it's a night off, he wasn't moving well in practice or today and so we are sitting him.It was later announced after the coach's availability that Garnett is out with a left adductor strain.Rivers was not aware if Garnett would be available for Monday's game against the Miami Heat: I don't know, honestly I don't look that far. I have no idea. Jeff Green will get the start in Garnett's absence this evening.He was asked if starting the smaller lineup would match up pretty well against the Bobcats: No actually it's been awful against them, I mean really as the Bobcats have stayed big against us and hurt us. But I look at it as I will put his best five out on the floor and see we what we can do, you know create a pace that will benefit us. He did say D.J. White might get the first look of off the bench tonight with Shavlik Randolph getting some time as well.Continuing on tonight's opponent and what concerns him: They beat us in every way and honestly in the three games the one thing that they have done consistently is beaten us off the dribble...all of them, Gerald Henderson, and even their bigs have beaten us off the dribble and the second thing is their rebounding. Offensive rebounding has hurt us and usually those two thing do go hand in hand. If you can't keep the ball in front of you then the bigs are in help the entire game and their bigs are free to rebound so our guards have to play better. Rivers started his availability by asking how the Bruins game was and when he was told that there was a lot of fighting, Rivers laughed and stated that it was like “old time basketball”.More on the Garnett injury as it becomes available.
Published in NBA - Boston Celtics
Latest from Sean Bakke
- The Bakke Report: Will The Boston Red Sox Live To Regret Giving David Ortiz A Two-Year Deal?
- The 1999 Ryder Cup: Comebacks and Controversies
- The Bakke Report: It's Time for Jon Lester To Lead By Example
- Danny Ainge Talks Boston Celtics With Mike And Tommy
- Curt Schilling Claims The Boston Red Sox Organization Encouraged PED Use
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Content
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks
- Would You Trade Andrew Benintendi and Yoan Moncada for Chris Sale? Read more...
- Boston Red Sox vs Minnesota Twins Pregame Notes 7/21/16 Read more...
- Did Jae Crowder and His Cryptic Tweet Prove Boston Celtics Off-Season is Dead? Read more...
- Report: Boston Celtics to Sign Gerald Green Read more...
- Boston Celtics News & Notes 07/21/16: Okafor "Most Likely" Traded to Boston Read more...
- 5 Reasons Kevin Durant Needs to Leave the Oklahoma City ThunderWritten by David KennedyRead more...
- The Boston Celtics and Replicating the Summer of 2007Written by David KennedyRead more...
- Boston Celtics have two tangible needs, but what else is missing?Written by Mike WalshRead more...
- Will the Grass (Fed) be Greener for Isaiah Thomas & Boston Celtics?Written by Larry H. RussellRead more...